There are many great accounting, business and taxation sites out there, but trying to find them in a sea of information can be frustrating. We’ve put together a list of links and tips we hope you’ll find useful.
- IRS Guide to Choosing a Retirement Plan for Your Business
- IRS Small Business & Self-Employed Resource Center
- IRS-SBA Small Business Resource Guide
- Small Business Administration Free Online Courses
- Illinois Small Business Resources
- Starting a Business In Illinois Handbook
- The Internal Revenue Service – Home of the IRS on the Web. The IRS has definitely done a nice job on their Website.
- Check IRS Refund Status – Track your tax return through the IRS website.
- Tax Calendar
- Commonly Overlooked Deductions for Freelancers
- Illinois Department of Revenue – State Department of Revenue
- Income Tax Refund Status for Illinois – State Tax Refund Link
- Internal Revenue Code – Legal Information Institute
- Illinois Sales Tax Rate Finder
- Purchase QuickBooks at a discount from a reseller – fill out the contact form and let them know I sent you!
- Compare QuickBooks Products
- Training Videos for the New QuickBooks Online
- January 15 – Fourth-Quarter Estimated Taxes Due
- January 31 – 1099 Forms Due to Vendors; 1099/1096 Forms due to IRS; W-2 Forms Due to Employees & SSA
- March 15 – Partnership & S-Corp Tax Returns Due
- April 15 – Individual & C-Corp Tax Returns Due; First-Quarter Estimated Taxes Due
- May 15 – Non-Profit Organization Returns Due
- June 15 – Second-Quarter Estimated Taxes Due
- September 15 – Third-Quarter Estimated Taxes Due; Extension Deadline for Partnership & S-Corp Tax Returns
- October 15 – Extension Deadline for Individual Tax Returns